Information to date (from Board of Elections):
VOTER REGISTRATION INFO (from Bd. of Elections):
Voter registration dates:
Registration reopened (for Nov. 3 election) on March 4 for November election and will be open until 30 days before Nov. 3rd.
Questions? Please contact the Henderson County Board of Elections. 828-697-4970
DATES to be aware of AFTER March 3, 2020:
The major upcoming North Carolina elections dates to remember for 2020 are:
- March 13: Counties canvass the primary election.
- March 16: Deadline for counties to conduct recounts.
- March 17: Deadline for state to conduct recounts and accept protests.
- June 8: Filing opens for candidates running for soil and water district seats.
- July 2: Filing ends for soil and water candidates.
- Sept. 4: Absentee voting begins for the general election.
- Oct. 9: Voter registration deadline for general election.
- Oct. 15: One-stop voting begins for general election.
- Oct. 27: Absentee voting deadline for general election.
- Oct. 31: One-stop voting ends for general election.
- Nov. 3: General election day.
- Nov. 6: Deadline for mailed absentee ballots to be received.
- Nov. 13: Counties canvass the general election.
- Nov. 16: Deadline to conduct any county recounts.
- Nov. 17: Deadline to conduct any state recounts and receive protests.
- Nov. 24: State canvasses election results.